Thursday, April 26, 2012

I leave for India in 3 days. I have never been so ill-prepared for anything in all my life but what I lack in preparation, I make up for in enthusiasm. That may actually be my mantra in life. I'll be staying with an Indian Social Worker and her family in Dehli for a few days to begin my trip. She is a couchsurfer, who works with poor kids in the ghetto, so I'll be joining her for a few days to just jump right into the mix, then I'll figure out where to go from there. I know my parents probably aren't stoked about this traveling by the seat of my pants idea, but I'll be safe and smart about where I go and what I do. I'll try to be good about blogging, as I'm traveling alone for 3 weeks and should have plenty of time for uncertainty, uncomfortable situations, and self-reflection. After the 3 weeks of travel, I'll meet up with the other 12 or so people from Penn to take a class called Postcolonial Social Work Practice: International Social Welfare in India. I have so much to do before I go, but can't seem to focus on ANYTHING! EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment